- The most extensively used immunosuppressive agents.
- The mechanisms of action unknown but may include – Suppressing the generation of a specific subgroup of T cells.
- These agents are generally appropriate for patients in whom the dose of corticosteroids cannot be tapered or discontinued.
- Multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, autoimmune hepatitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Auto immune disorders of joints like Rheumatoid arthiritis.
- Organ transplantation rejection.
Composition : Azathioprine 50mg
- Auto immune disorders of skin like Pemphigus vulgaris.
- Dermatomyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus and vasculitis.
- Parthenium dermatitis, vitiligo.